1. This agreement is drawn to the attention of the Visitor/s to the Biblical Worldview Conference on 30 September and 1 October, at Rosebank Union Church (Indemnifying Party), where the Common Law and/or Consumer Protection Act 68 of 2008 and/or any other relevant legislation applies to the relationship between Antioch Bible Church (the Indemnified Party) and the Indemnifying Party.
2. I have chosen to take part in the activities being offered by the Indemnified Party (the Activity) of my own free will. The Activity includes inter alia, parking, the attendance of discussions and sermons, attendance at meals, and participating in the assistance of child oversight and care.
3. I indemnify the Indemnified Party, its members, directors and employees against all claims, losses, demands, actions, damages and causes of action whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of my acts connected with or arising out of the Activity, whether suffered by me or any other third party, and I hold the indemnified party harmless.
4. I understand that the Activity may create certain risks. I further understand that the Indemnified Party, its officers, employees and agents will not be and/or are not responsible for any injuries, property damage or liability that may arise from my participation in the Activity or the participation of my minor children.
5. I release, indemnify and hold the Indemnified Party, its officers, employees and agents free and harmless from any and all costs, losses, expenses, damages (direct, indirect, consequential or otherwise), claims, suits, causes of action or any other liability or responsibility whatsoever, including attorney’s fees and related costs, resulting from any injury to any person(s) or damage to property arising out of, or which may in any manner be connected with, said Activity.
6. I consent to the Indemnified Party and its officers, employees, agents and third party service providers lawfully collecting, processing, storing and transferring my personal information, as defined in the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (POPI) in accordance with POPI and to process such information insofar as necessary.
7. The parties agree that this agreement may be signed electronically in terms of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act 25 of 2002 (ECTA) at the election of the Indemnifying Party, and that in terms of ECTA, the agreement, in electronic format, is not without legal force and effect merely because it is wholly or partly in the form of a data message.
8. No alteration, variation or amendment of this agreement shall be of any force or effect unless reduced to writing and signed by both parties.